Friday 21 June 2013

saving money on fashion

I LOVE shopping and I mean who doesn't but now its the holidays my shopping habits are coming slightly ridiculous as most of my free time is spent online shopping, and I don't just mean a bit of shopping here and there; oh no, yesterday I spent the whole say online shopping, I don't even know how it happened but one minute the clock said 11:00 and the next it said 18:00 and at this point I realized I was addicted! While online though I have found some life saving bargains, (Cartier love ring £2.20 instead of £1,150) yes!!! I'm obsessed with these because of the Kardashians! I mean its obviously not real but it looks the spitting image of the real one so I'm sure no one will notice, anyway I though I'd do a post about the best ways to save money when shopping- cause this is what I'm best at!

First of all I must start with eBay (where I got the Cartier love ring from!) I'm literally obsessed with eBay and could ramble on about it for hours, they have rings at such cheap prices I'm talking like 99p which come from china/hong kong and yes they do take a while to get here but when postage is free I don't even mind! They also have great look alike's of the more pricey high street items for much cheaper and the best tip I have for you.. type in the search bar 'topshop(then your size) and hundreds of topshop clothes come up mostly starting at 99p and some can be brand new!!  Its like heaven I'm so obsessed!


Another online website I love is BooHoo ,not as much for their trousers/dresses but they do some of the best basic items, yesterday I bought a charcoal maxi skirt and white crop top for £13! And the best part is they do smaller sizer 4&6 which it like my dream come true as I'm so small :-( I also love the cut out tops and basic polo neck tops boohoo do, they are a fraction of the price you would find any where else! Boohoo also has some really lovely jewelry which I always find my self browsing through!












Now I'm pretty sure every one in the blogging world has heard of 'Fashion Vouchers' and If you haven't I suggest you take a look at their website right now as they have some great deals! I also look on their website before purchasing encase I can get any money off! They also have their own blog which I love reading through so I'd say using Fashion vouchers is definitely a great way to save money and specially for bloggers like us! 

Another way I love to save money on fashion is blog competitions, twitter competitions and blog giveaways! Although I've only ever won a BB cream and a couple of make up brushes when I first started my blog I think they are such lovely gifts and I still use the make up brushes now which have been super handy! Twitter have great competitions and sometimes all you have to do is 'follow' and 'RT' to enter and you have the change of winning a dress/top/makeup or what ever they are giving away! Ted Baker had a competition a few weeks ago to choose your favourite pieces from their new collection to win some TB vouchers which would have been super handy to who ever won them! 

My last tip on how to save money is of course SALES! I'm in love with these things and Topshop their mid season sale today and have some lovely little bargains! Before online shopping I suggest always look on the sale section first as sometimes they have alternatives you could buy instead of something really expensive- just remember sale shopping is the best! 

Other than that places such as everything5pounds.com, H&M, New Look(especially for shoes) ASOS, Miss Guided & Primark are all great places to shop if your looking for affordable fashion!


I hope I've turned you all into 'saving money on fashion' freaks now,
love Caits x 

4 comments:

  1. I love finding bargains on ebay, but I hate that I have such skinny feet so shoes are a definite no no!! Boohoo is one of my fave places to shop, I bought a dress from there just the other day!Xx
    Lucy Cole | A UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is exactly like my feet, I always have to try shoes on first but so tempted just to buy shoes on ebay(espesh the white ones) cause I love them :-( xx

      Delete
  2. great post! i love finding ebay bargains as well!

    boldinballerinass.co.uk

    Kamila xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post :)
    I'm such a money saving freak already, and most of my things are from sales, eBay and charity shops!

    floraldanielle.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete